2018 Paradise Fire
The wildfire that largely incinerated Paradise, California, offered a stark reminder that Latter-day Saint bishops often shepherd others even while enduring their own trials.
Paradise 1st Ward Bishop Robert Harrison and Paradise 2nd Ward Bishop Troy Mattson (both part of Chico California Stake) have spent the past several days monitoring the welfare of their members, offering spiritual support, and coordinating relief efforts with fellow priesthood and Relief Society leaders.
Both bishops lost their own homes to the flames and are counted among the thousands displaced by one of the most destructive wildfires in California's history. But even as they minister to those in their charge, both Bishop Harrison and Bishop Mattson said they too are being ministered to by fellow members from the Chico California Stake and beyond.
- President Nelson comforts Saints after Camp Fire
- What's Next for Paradise Saints after Camp Fire - Dec 2018.
- Camp Fire Update =
- Paradise Fire burned most buildings - But the Church is Still Alive - ChristianityToday.
- Church Members rally to help fellow members after Camp Fire - KUTV
- Church sends Aid to Fire Victims - YouTube.com (VIDEO)
- LDS News World Report - Camp Fire - LDS Youtube (Video)
- Members Rally after Wildfire - TheThirdHour.com